How it works
Qvintip – self-sampling device for HPV–analysis
Qvintip® is a self-sampling device with a detachable tip, that allows you to collect a vaginal fluid sample yourself. The sample is then forwarded to a laboratory for HPV-analysis.
Why should I take an HPV-test?
A persistent infection with high-risk human papilloma virus (HPV) can over time lead to cell changes which may develop into cervical cancer. Your sample will be analysed for presence of high-risk HPV.
*Qvintip should be handled with care and only according to these instructions.
*The white tip may not be removed or bent before self-sampling
*Do not use during menstruation.
*For single use only.
*Keep the device out of reach for children.
*Qvintip sampling device
*Sampling container with cap
- Check that the device is intact, with the white tip attached to the blue handle. You can collect your sample in a standing or lying position.
- Remove Qvintip from the packaging by holding the blue handle. Keep the device straight.
- Slide the Qvintip device into your vagina until it stops (about 10 cm).
- Turn the device 1 full rotation
- Take the device out (keeping it straight).
- Let the device dry for 3 minutes. Be careful not to touch anything with the white tip (see picture 3).
- Place the white tip of the device into the sampling container.
- Bend the device so the white tip breaks off and falls into the sample container.
- Put the cap on the sampling Dispose of the blue handle.
- The sample should then be transferred to a laboratory for HPV-analysis.